In a country were professionally skilled and qualified individuals and graduates struggle to find proper jobs, entrepreneurship is the second best option for many South Africans. Registering a company in South Africa is one of the easiest things to do. One could argue that registering for a company in this country is by far easier than registering for school or college space. The Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) have really improved the process of registering companies in the country and in the past few years they have shown to have the dedication to making it much easier for people to register companies in South Africa, and by the looks of things they will continue to make the process even simpler if there are ways.
There are two ways you can register a company in South Africa.
- You can register by yourself directly with the CIPC or
- You can register through a third party (a company or person)
Register the company yourself:
In order to register the company yourself, you will need to have a Customer Code and Passwords. You will obtain this when you create an account with the CIPC. This can be done online through their website by following the steps below:
- Go to the CIPC website
- Click on Customer Registration (or follow links/pages that will lead you to customer registration)
- Enter your ID Number and Surname
- Follow through the steps… however you will be required to provide you Email Address and other contact details.
Register through a third party.
A third party will require the information they need to submit to the CIPC. This is the same information you will be required to provide if you were registering the company yourself, after creating the account with the CIPC by following the steps above. The information required to register a company with the CIPC is below:
- The names of the company you need to register. The CIPC required 4 names to be submitted. The first name being your first preference or main option, followed by the best name/option and so forth.
- Your Personal Information (ID Number, Date of Birth, Physical and Postal Address)
- Your contact details (telephone/cellphone, email, fax)
- Your Certified ID Copy that is no longer than 3 months
- The company Physical and Postal Address (this can be your personal addresses)
You will be required to choose an incorporator and company secretary. This can be you or one of the director if you are registering with a partner.
Article by PC Lepulana @TwistterC